Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sharon Lovejoy author lecture & signing event!

Sharon Lovejoy, the author of Trowel and Error: Over 700 Tips, Remedies and Shortcuts for the Gardener, along with several other books, was at the Curious Cup Bookstore in downtown Carpinteria this afternoon at 2pm to give a short talk about gardening and to sign copies of her books. 

Before signing copies of her gardening books, Sharon Lovejoy gave a wonderful talk about gardening filled with tips about composting, ridding one's garden of pests using natural means, and the benefits of bees and worms in one's garden. Ms. Lovejoy also answered questions from the audience about about gardening and even book publishing! 

I walked away thrilled with what I'd learned from Ms. Lovejoy's discussion this afternoon. I even purchased a copy of her book Trowel and Error: Over 700 Tips, Remedies and Shortcuts for the Gardener, which I had autographed and will be giving as a gift to my mom. My mom is the true green thumb in our family and adores spending hours in her yard gardening each week.

Sharon Lovejoy even has a blog, which may be found at the following link: http://sharonlovejoy.blogspot.com/

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment