Saturday, June 23, 2012

Do these books REALLY make ONE undateable??

A couple of days ago, I stumbled across a post on Flavorwire by Emily Temple titled These Are the Books That Make You Totally Undateable. Curious by the title of the article, I decided to see which books made the list. 

I can't seem to to take this article, nor its list of book titles seriously! How can a person be totally undateable due to having a particular book in their personal collection of books? It seems kind of shallow, in my opinion, to deem a person undateable because they have a particular book title in their library. I'd hope that people would have a better reason for not dating someone than this.

I also don't understand why owning/using a Kindle or other eReader would make one totally undateable either. No explanation was given by Ms. Temple as to why owning an eReader made one undateable.

So, what are your thoughts? Do certain books make someone undateable or is the whole notion ludicrous?

4 comments:

  1. No. I don't think so.

    I have tried to read some of these book without success; does that make me a failure on not being able to to finish them? No.

    However, if people judged us on how we dressed, what we ate, what kind of car we drove, where we were educated, which country we came from and all the rest, we'd never make friends, grow intellectually, learn anything socially or move outside our own cities.

    So, judging people on books they read is really childish and silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is silly and childish to judge people by the books they read.

      Delete
  2. I do have to say that if I went to a man's house and saw a collection of "Star Wars" books, that might end it for me.

    ReplyDelete