Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Bookaneer Used Bookstore

Last weekend, my hubby and I were in the Thousand Oaks area on a day trip. 

After lunch, we headed to a used bookstore in Thousand Oaks called The Bookaneer, which is a nice sized independently owned bookstore located in a strip mall with ample free parking. 

The Bookaneer contains a well stocked selection of used books from various genres. Books are sorted by genre and alphabetized by authors last name, which makes finding books you're looking for easy. Books are 50% of the cover price unless otherwise marked.

Tracy was the nice lady on staff during our visit. She offered wonderful customer service... We talked about books. I shared with her that I was a cozy mystery novel lover and that I'm always on the look out for new mystery authors. So, Tracy shared the names of two mystery writers with me that write novels, she enjoys reading... Now I'll be on the look out for novels by Ellis Peters and Elizabeth Peters in the future!!

I ended up purchasing two paperback mystery novels before I left The Bookaneer titled What's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria Laurie and Murder Under the Mistletoe by Jennifer Jordan. I look forward to reading both novels.

The Bookaneer also buys and trades used books. Call them for more details at (805) 379-9667.

The store hours for The Bookaneer are as follows:

Monday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm during the summer and from 10am to 5pm during the winter.

You may follow/like The Bookaneer on Facebook. Use the following link to find their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bookaneer/123580500992622

No comments:

Post a Comment