Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Five Audiobooks I Loved & Five I’m Excited to Listen to

 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I am a self proclaimed audiobook junkie!! Most of my reads this year and last year were audiobooks... And admittedly, many of my reads the past decade have been audiobooks. I solely focused five favorite audiobooks I've listened to this year alone.

All five books below were give five star ratings by me in my reviews. I've added book fiction and nonfiction books to my line up.

1. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo

2. The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt

3. Eloquence of the Sardine: Extraordinary Encounters Beneath the Sea by Bill François

4. Overkill: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far by Paul A. Offit M.D.

5. Chasing the Sun: How the Science of Sunlight Shapes Our Bodies and Minds by Linda Geddes

Below are five audiobooks I'm excited to listen to in the near future (hopefully):

1. The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin

2. 
Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson

3. Sisters In Law by Linda Hirshman

4. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent

5. Spaceman of Bohemia by Jaroslav Kalfar

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! My brain sadly can't function with audiobooks. I tend to zone out when listening to music or even having the TV on when I blog. I rarely pay attention to the words, it's just background noise. I so admire the people who can follow along with the story and do other things at the same time! That's a multitask skill I'd love to have! Lol. I can walk and read my book at the same time, so it's sort of close. Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard many other people say the same thing you have about audiobooks, so you're not alone. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Love it. I'm intrigued by The Poet X. And I'd forgotten about Burial Rites. That's one I always meant to read someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Poet X is a fabulous coming of age story! I hope you read it. It would be fun to read your take on this novel.

      Delete
  3. I love The Poet X. I've read it in book form and audiobook form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to read that another person loved The Poet X as much as I did.

      Delete