Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Debut Novels I Enjoyed Reading

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I normally do not keep track whether a novel I am reading is a debut novel or not... Sometimes I find out about a debut novel by other readers or through media hype. So, I had to dig deep to find ten debut novels I read, enjoyed and reviewed here on my blog.

Click on the links below to read my review of each novel.

1. The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

2. Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West

3. Looking For Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

4. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

5. An Untamed State by Roxane Gay

6. The Girls in the Stilt House by Kelly Mustian

7. Queen Sugar by Natalie Baszile

8. The Woman Before Wallis by Bryn Turnbull

9. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

10. Juliet Takes A Breath by Gabby Rivera

10 comments:

  1. OOoh I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper! Instant hit with me! Lol. That was such a good series! The rest are totally new to me ones! Great picks!


    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stalking Jack the Ripper is amazing! I've been to read the other novels in the series.

      Delete
  2. I've only read the fourth book on your list. But I'm intrigued by some of the other titles...so I'm off to check them out. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stalking Jack the Ripper is amazing! Have fun exploring the other titles.

      Delete
  3. I confess I haven't read any of those and am not familiar with any of the authors except for Roxane Gay. Like you, it would take me some time and effort to figure out which of the books that I've read and reviewed were debuts; it's just not something that I generally note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, in many cases, I discover a book is a debut novel because it's boldly written on the book cover.

      Delete
  4. An Untamed State was incredible. A tough read but so good. I don't know the others on your list but thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, An Untamed State is an incredible read!! Definitely a read that is a tough one, but so worth the heavy topic.

      Delete
  5. I never even heard of any of these. Seems like there are too many books in this world. However, there can never be too many books, right?

    Thanks for visiting my TTT about Debut novels:
    https://momobookblog.blogspot.com/2024/07/top-ten-tuesday-debut-novels.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful that we have so many choices to read in terms of books.

      Delete