Sunday, July 28, 2024

Alta Journal - California Book Club - Dead in Long Beach, California by Venita Blackburn


On Thursday, July 25, 2024, I attended another virtual author event hosted by Alta Journal. It was their monthly California Book event featuring author, Venita Blackburn and her novel, Dead in Long Beach, California.

Before deciding to attend the Alta Journal - California Book Club - Dead in Long Beach, California by Venita Blackburn virtual event, I wasn't familiar with with the author or her works. I was curious to learn more about Venita Blackburn's novel and hear what she had to discuss with regards her writing and so forth.


I am so happy I attended this virtual author event. It was excellent and engaging. There were two lively moderators (John Freeman and Myriam Gurbo) that interacted with Venita Blackburn during the event and I learned a lot about both the author and the novel. Now, I so want to read Dead in Long Beach, California by Venita Blackburn as it sounds like an amazing read! 

I love that Dead in Long Beach, California is set in Long Beach, California. This novel has elements of  LGBTQIA+ and sounds multilayered in how it is written. So, I am curious to see how this novel plays out as it doesn't sound like it is written in the typical fashion of a traditional novel.

Have you attended any author events lately? How was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment