Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Things I Loved About Overkill by Paul Offit M.D.

 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I truly enjoyed reading Overkill: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far by Paul A. Offit M.D. earlier this year. In fact, I rated it 5 stars out of 5 stars when I reviewed it in April. Click on the link above if you'd like to read my full review of Overkill.

Otherwise, read on to see the top ten things I enjoyed about Overkill: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far by Paul A. Offit M.D.

1. Overkill is a nonfiction book that is science and medicine related. So, if you're into health/medicine/science related books, then this book is for you.

2. Overkill is well written. It's easy to follow and not dry or heavy that the layperson wouldn't be able to follow it... Or be turned off by the writing or subject matter. In fact, it is engaging and written for the layperson.

3. I love how well organized Overkill is! It comes with both a prologue and epilogue. Plus, it is organized into six distinct sections/topics with three to four chapters in each section that pertains to the topic of each section.

4. Overkill doesn't have to be read in order. You could, in theory, skip around and read which ever chapter grabs your attention the most and go from there. I happened to listen to the audio version of this book, so I didn't skip around.

5. In Overkill, I loved how relevant each of the topics/chapters were with regards to health matters that effect our lives. Paul Offit M.D. debunks several health myths (backed by science) in his book. I have new found knowledge and am more educated due to reading this book when it comes to my overall health. There are medical procedures (and so on) that are outdated, but these procedures are still in use today by many doctors.

6. Overkill is written by Paul Offit M.D. I've read and reviewed three nonfiction books by Paul Offit M. D. and have yet to be disappointed with anything he has written. I'd pretty much buy and read anything he's written as I've enjoyed reading his books very much.

7. Overkill comes in hardback, paperback, ebook, and audiobook formats. I listened to the unabridged audio version of Overkill, which I recommend if you enjoy audiobooks.

8. I like the art work and cover design for Overkill.

9. Overkill is less than 300 pages.

10. I liked Overkill so much that I've even given it as a gift!!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! This is a new to me one. Glad you enjoyed this one!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engaging, well-written and under 300 pages? That's my kind of nonfiction. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonfiction has quickly become one of my favorite genres these days.

      Delete
  3. I don't read much nonfiction but maybe I should make an exception for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pretty much anything written by Paul Offit as I've enjoyed everything I've read that he has written.

      Delete