Friday, December 31, 2021

End of the Year Wrap Up Post

 

I can't believe we've reached the end of 2021. This year has gone by fairly swiftly despite the fact we're still in a worldwide pandemic and life hasn't fully returned to normal. 

Good news on the reading front for me! I met or exceeded most of my 2021 Reading Goals in all areas except for one. Click on above link to read my original post stating my 2021 reading goals.

This year, I accomplished the following:

* I read a grand total of 107 books in 2021. My original goal had been to read only 60 books this year, so I happily exceeded my reading goals for 2021.
* I read 5 trilogies in 2021. So, I met my goal of reading 5 trilogies this year.
* My goal had been to read 15 books I'd received for FREE through the Goodreads Giveaway program. I ONLY read 7 books from this category, so I didn't reach my original reading goal for this category.

I read a lot of books that were on my reading wishlist this year: 

1. Flygirl by Sherri L Smith
2. Asking for It: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture and What We Can Do About It by Kate Harding
3. The Taster by V.S. Alexander
4. Conan Doyle for the Defense: The True Story of a Sensational British Murder, a Quest for Justice, and the World's Most Famous Detective Writer by Margalit Fox
5. Euphoria by Lily King
6. Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Telfer
7. The Seance by John Harwood
8. The Wolf Hunt Trilogy by Jeff Strand
9. Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven
10. The Torment of Rachel Ames by Jeff Gunhus
11. Hearts In Darkness by Laura Kaye
12. Love in the Light by Laura Kaye
13. Toni Tennille: A Memoir by Toni Tennille

I've also read many new to me authors like Ursula K. Le Guin, Gary D. Schmidt, and Xhenet Aliu... Or other books written by authors I've enjoyed reading in prior years like Allen Eskens or Jules Verne.

Overall, I had a great year of reading during 2021. How'd you do this year in terms of reading? Did you met your reading goals? What are reading goals for 2022?

5 comments:

  1. Well done on meeting most of your reading goals. I only managed 24 books but I'm happy with that considering how crazy the year was. Happy New Year and all the best for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 books is a lot to read in a year!! Good for you!! Happy reading in 2022!!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic that you achieved so many books. I didn't but it's not a competition, right?

    Here are my Statistics 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, there is no competition! Happy reading to you in 2022.

      Delete