Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
My ten year blogiversary for Captivated Reader is coming up on January 1, 2022!! I can't believe I've been blogging this long... Time surely has flown by faster than expected.
I remember what an ordeal it was to even get started with keepinga book blog. I'd wanted to have a blog for a few years prior to starting Captivated Reader, but I wasn't sure what to blog about initially. All I knew at the time was that I wanted my blog to be about a specific topic/subject as I didn't want to have a blog that covered everything and the kitchen sink that left readers trying to figure out what the theme was for my blog. I also wanted to post frequently to my blog to keep readers coming back.
After some deliberation, I chose to blog about books and anything bookish related. I never expected to blog this long or enjoy blogging as much as I have the past decade.
Below I decided to share some of the books I've reviewed over the past decade... The following books reviewed and shared below are ones that had me saying or sharing a lot more about them in my reviews than I thought I would.
Click on the links below to read my reviews of each book.1. The Little Book of Lost Words: Collywobbles, Snollygosters, and 86 Other Surprisingly Useful Terms Worth Resurrecting by Joe Gillard
2. The Vegetarian by Han Kang
3. Asking For It by Louise O'Neill
4. Jackie as Editor: The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by Greg Lawrence
5. Tangerine by Christine Mangan
6. Dracula [Audible Edition] by Bram Stoker
7. Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: Sixteen Writers on The Decision Not To Have Kids by Meghan Daum (Editor)
8. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
9. The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy
10. Room by Emma Donoghue
11. Quirky Berkeley by Tom Dalzell