Saturday, January 1, 2022

Today Marks My 10 Year Blogiversary!!! Plus Farewell!!

 

Wow, it was ten years ago today I started 'Captivated Reader' and what a journey it has been the past ten years! Honestly, I never expected to be blogging this long.

How Did I Start Blogging?

It all started with a desire to start blogging a few year before I actually began blogging on January 1, 2012. I kind of toyed with the idea of blogging off and on for a few years before I gave it some serious thought in the Autumn of 2011. During the Autumn of 2011, I checked out blogging platforms, decided that I wanted my blog to be about all things books and anything pertaining to books, and then finally coming up with blog name... My first choice for a blog name wasn't 'Captivated Reader'. I can't even remember now what my first choice name was for my blog was. In fact, I had to choice several names before I finally discovered 'Captivated Reader' was available on this platform.

Finding My Blogging Groove

Over the years, I played around with blogging topics for my book blog. I discovered memes, quotes, Little Free Libraries, and more to write about over the course of the past ten years. I searched Google endlessly for bookish related news. Essentially, I tried to be as creative as possible when it came to blog topics that fit into the realm of all things book related. I even played around a bit with book reviews in the beginning before my reviews came to be what they are presently. 

I learned a lot about various book related topics that I may not have learned about before I began blogging. All this work in the name of coming up with new topics to blog about to attract and keep readers interested in my blog.

Making Connections With Readers & Bloggers

I am so grateful for all of my blog readers, followers, and all of those that have left comments on my various blog posts over the past ten years. I feel truly blessed in making connections with other book lovers, readers, and fellow bloggers! Thank you for making 'Captivated Reader' a success over the years. Your readership has kept me motivated in creating new content over the year.

Final Thoughts & Farewell

As much as I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping 'Captivated Reader' going the past decade, it's time for me discontinue posting to my blog for now and move on to other endeavors. 

I have truly enjoyed keeping a book blog and interacting with other readers and bloggers over the years. However, I have other areas of my life that require my attention at the moment. So, it's time for me to move on. I will miss reviewing books I've read, posting about my Little Free Library discoveries, and so on.

I will keep 'Captivated Reader' up as it is currently... Perhaps one day, I will return to blogging in the future. In the meantime, I will miss you all! Happy reading to you all now and in the future. Hope you have a happy, joyous, peaceful, and healthy 2022 and beyond. Warm wishes, Lisa @ Captivated Reader.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you won't be blogging anymore, but I understand the need to focus on other things. All best wishes in the new year and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy! Happy reading and blogging to you! I wish you the very best life has to offer.

      I absolutely enjoy reading your book reviews and look forward to continuing to stop by and read your blog posts in the future. Thank you for always leaving wonderful comments on my blog posts.

      Delete
  2. Your blog has been so fun over the years; I'll miss your posts. Good luck with your future endeavors!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've enjoyed visiting your blog too and reading your posts.

      Delete
  3. First of all, happy blogiversary. Well done to finish ten years.

    Second, I'm sad to see you go but I hope we can keep in touch. In any case, all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marianne! I will try to pop in every so often and visit the blogs I've been follow and leave comments when I am able to do so. I've truly enjoyed becoming acquainted with you through our blogs.

      Delete
  4. Aww! It has been an honor of "knowing" you these past few years. I completely understand your decision to stop blogging since I've barely blogged myself lately. Just know that I've enjoyed your posts and your thoughts on books. You have also encouraged me to discovery LFL wherever I travel.

    Thank you for everything you've done with your blog. I wish you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vonnie, it's been wonderful knowing you as well through our blogs! You are one of my longest blog followers. I always enjoy reading your comments to my blog posts... And, of course, reading your blog posts as well. I enjoy reading your LFL posts as well.

      I wish you the very best in all you do. Warm wishes!

      Delete