Saturday, December 18, 2021

Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry


In March 2019, I listened to and reviewed the unabridged audio version of Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry and narrated by Jayne Entwistle. It had been my first experience with anything written by Julie Berry and I'd thoroughly enjoyed Wishes & Wellingtons. I looked forward to reading another novel written by Julie Berry in the future.

Purely by happenstance, I discovered that a sequel to Wishes & Wellingtons titled, Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berryhad been published earlier this year. Since I enjoyed Wishes & Wellingtons so much, I looked forward to the continuation of this series.
I wasn't disappointed with my decision!
 Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry is wonderfully rendered and well narrated by Jayne Entwistle.

Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry is a book for children set in Victorian England and contains adventure and fantasy elements in its plot. I love the characters for Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2), especially the main character, Maeve Merrit, as she is a feisty, adventurous girl and an overall fun character.

The writing, plot, and storyline are once again well done by Julie Berry for Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2). I liked the continuation of the storyline from the first novel in the series and how Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) takes readers to new places. 

I certainly enjoyed listening to Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry and I think young readers will too.

Below is a summary for Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry from Audible:

Now that Maeve Merrit has surrendered Mermeros, the djinni she found in a sardine can, she expects her life in London will be dull as dirt. Mermeros, however, has other plans. Maeve’s friend Tommy, a former orphan, has been adopted by Mermeros’s newest owner. When Tommy’s new father tries to use one of his wishes, he and Mermeros go missing - and without a guardian, Tommy will be forced back to the orphanage.

Maeve, Tommy, and their friend Alice embark on an adventure full of magic, danger, and flying carpetbags to rescue Tommy’s father and the djinni they’ve grown to love. But will they come to their rescue before Mermeros’ fabled wishes fall into the wrong hands?

I am giving Crime and Carpetbags (Wishes and Wellingtons, #2) by Julie Berry a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

4 comments:

  1. It is always a treat to find that a book we've chosen does not disappoint in any way. Sounds like this one fits that category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun when a follow up book is almost as good as the first book in the series.

      Delete