Monday, June 7, 2021

Unhinged by A. G. Howard


I listened to the unabridged audio version of Unhinged by A. G. Howard and narrated by Rebecca Gibel. Listening time for Unhinged by A. G. Howard is 13 hours, 13 minutes.

Unhinged by A. G. Howard is the second novel in the 'Splintered' trilogy. I listened to Splintered
by A. G. Howard earlier this year and enjoyed it so much that I knew I wanted to continue with this young adult trilogy.

Unhinged by A. G. Howard did not disappoint! I truly enjoyed the storyline, characters, plot and writing for Unhinged by A. G. Howard... The action seemed non-stop in Unhinged, even if some of the events taking place seemed a tad over the top at times.

A. G. Howard is definitely a creative/gifted author and storyteller. I like her twist/take on the Alice In Wonderland novel. I look forward to reading the last novel of the 'Splintered' trilogy.

Below is the plot summary for Unhinged by A. G. Howard from Audbile:
Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole. She was crowned Queen of the Red Court and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the boy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly appealing Morpheus. Now all she has to do is graduate high school.

That would be easier without her mother, freshly released from an asylum, acting overly protective and suspicious. And it would be much simpler if the mysterious Morpheus didn't show up at school one day to tempt her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland - where she (partly) belongs.

Could she leave Jeb and her parents behind again, for the sake of a man she knows has manipulated her before? Will her mother and Jeb trust her to do what's right? Listeners will swoon over the satisfying return to Howard's bold, sensual reimagining of Carroll's classic.
I am giving Unhinged by A. G. Howard a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you liked this one quite a lot, didn't you? A reimagining of Alice in Wonderland certainly offers opportunities for fanciful imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the reimagining for this novel quite a bit. It's what makes this novel fun to read.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, good to know! I was given this book a couple of years ago and I was debating to keep it or give it to someone else. I think I'm going to keep it and hopefully read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you like this novel. Have you read this first novel in the series?

      Delete
    2. There's a first book? Oh no...my ocd says I need to get the first book!

      Delete
    3. Unhinged is the second novel in the Splintered trilogy.I'd recommend reading the 1st book in the trilogy first, which is also an excellent read. I'm listening to the 3rd novel in the trilogy now.

      Delete
  3. I read Splintered several years ago and really enjoyed it, but haven't read the two books that follow. At least, not yet. Thanks for reminding me I really need to finish reading this fun trilogy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read the two remaining books in the Splintered trilogy some day. I've recently begun the 3rd book in the trilogy.

      Delete