Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - FREEBIE - Books With One Word Titles That Are Worth Reading!!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below is a list of books with one word book titles that are worth the read! I've listed the books alphabetically. The links provided below are to my reviews of each book.

1. Becoming by Michelle Obama -I loved reading Michelle Obama's memoir. It's well organized and flows smoothly through the various facets of her life. I listened to the unabridged audio version and enjoyed hearing Ms. Obama narrate her own memoir.

2. Drama by Raina Telgemeier - I read this graphic novel in 2018 during Banned Book Week. Drama had been banned due to LBGQT characters in the book.

3. Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi - I love this graphic novel about the lives of Iranian women. It's worth the read!

4. Flight by Sherman Alexie - I read and reviewed this novel in 2016. I gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars. Great read!

5. George by Alex Gino - I love this novel. I read it last year during Banned Books Week. George has been the number one banned book the past few years. I gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars.

6. Loser by Jerry Spinelli - I was introduced to Jerry Spinelli by one of my former college professor. I've read at least 8 of Spinelli's novels and enjoyed them a lot.

7. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - This is the 1st novel I ever read that was written by Jerry Spinelli back in 2011 and it is a phenomenal novel! I read this book prior to starting my book blog, so I do not have a  review of it. Maybe it's time for a reread and a review.

8. Tangerine by Christine Mangan - Do you love fiction novels with unreliable narrators, toxic female relationships, and/or set in an exotic locale? Then Tangerine maybe just the book for you!

9. Wringer by Jerry Spinnelli - This is another novel I really enjoyed reading before I started my book blog. Maybe it's time for a reread and a review.

10. Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates - This is a short novel and a fast read!! This book is creepy and reads like reading someone's journal/diary. 
Zombie takes the reader into the mind of serial killer, Quentin P., a fictional character based on the life of Jeffrey Dahmer (according to what I discovered through Wikipedia.) The plot is truly chilling and not for the squeamish at heart.

11. Brass by Xhenet Aliu - I recently listened to this novel and really enjoyed it!

Have you read any of the books from my top ten list this week?

17 comments:

  1. Nice picks! New to me ones for sure!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  2. That is a nice idea for our freebie today. I have only read "Becoming" and absolutely loved it.

    I chose Eastern Europe for my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
    2. But of course. Always a pleasure.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. One doesn't think of there being so many one word titles. And, no, I have not read any that are on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one word book titles aren't ones that you would typically think there would many of out there.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Becoming was a fantastic read!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-gifs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Tangerine was an interesting book to read for sure!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these, so I guess I should get to checking them out! I've heard that Telemeier's work is really good, though.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  7. I like a nice, short, punchy title! I haven't read any of these, but I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  8. Becoming was fantastic and I need to try Drama. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment too!!

      Delete