Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Author Event/Signing with Paula Hawkins --- The Girl on the Train

Paula Hawkins Reading Her Novel
Happy news for me! I attended my first author event/signing of 2015. Paula Hawkins, the best-selling author of The Girl on the Train came to Towne Center Books in Pleasanton, California on Friday, February 6, 2015. 

The festivities began at 7pm with Ms. Hawkins reading a bit from her new novel, The Girl on the Train, followed by a Q & A session, where the audience members were able to ask Ms. Hawkins questions and lastly, Ms. Hawkins signed copies of her novel for those who had purchased it.

Quite a large crowd of people showed up for this author event... No surprise! I really enjoyed attending it. I haven't read The Girl on the Train yet, but it sounds awesome from the plot summary and reviews I've read about it online. So, I was excited to have my hardback copy of The Girl on the Train signed by the author at the end of the evening.

I thought Paula Hawkins was an interesting person to hear speak... She's funny and engaging. I liked her answers to many of the questions that various audience members asked for her. She gave some really thoughtful answers and seems like a pretty cool person.

At the end of the evening, she signed novels. I can't believe that I forgot to have my picture taken with her while she was signing my copy of The Girl on the Train!!

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome you were able to get your book signed! This one is on my TBR for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! This is one of those books everyone seems to be buzzing about online!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on attending your first author/signing event! It sounds like it was a good bunch of fun. Paula Hawkins sounds like a good speaker.

    And there's always....next time for getting your pic taken with her. I would've forgotten too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment!! I enjoy author signings a lot. They're so much fun to attend. :-)

      Delete
  3. Ooh how exciting! I haven't read anything by this author. I will need to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love author signing events!! This one was so much fun to attend. :-)

      Delete
    2. Hopefully you can attend the upcoming LA Time's Festival of Books :)

      Delete
    3. I grew up in San Diego and also lived in Santa Barbara for 16 years... You'd think I'd have gone to the LA Festival of Books by now!! It's still on my wish list of events to attend. I'm hoping to make it their some day!

      Delete