Yes, I'm excited to be participating in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon!! The following are my answers to the Questionnaire... Enjoy!
1. What’s your name?
Hello happy readers, my name is Lisa!
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I'm blogging from San Ramon, California, which is a city in Northern California and is part of San Francisco's East Bay Region.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I'd always wanted to keep a blog of some sort, but didn't want my blog to be a bunch of random topics... Since I love to read and discuss books I chose to start a book blog as a way to share my love of reading with others... Plus, as a way to interact with other readers and bloggers as well.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I like to read and am really captivated by a book if it really captures my attention.... So, hence 'Captivated Reader' became my blog's name.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I probably read and review novels from the mystery/thriller genre the most on my blog... Followed by fiction, nonfiction and perhaps young adult/children too.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
What don't I blog about that isn't book related?? I blog about indie bookstores I visit, author events/signings I attend, literary prizes (such as Nobel Prize Winners), bookish related quotes, weekly book memes, collecting rare books, anything library related... basically anything related to books, authors, or reading in some way.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I have so many wonderful blogging experiences that it's difficult to chose only one experience.
Usually read-a-thons, blog hops, weekly book memes and other book blogging community events have yielded the best results in terms of interacting with other readers and bloggers for me. These are the types of posts that have yielded the most positive interactions within the blogging community for me.
Here is a very small sampling of posts that have been fun for me to participate:
1. The First Book of 2015!!
2. 2014 Audiobook Blog Hop
3. The Liebster Award
4. The Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award
5. 2013 End of the Year Book Survey
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Interacting with other readers and bloggers.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
2. Go Set A Watchmen by Harper Lee
3. The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul by Lissa Rankin MD
4. Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to Sidestep Illness, Shed Excess Weight, and Help Your Body Fix Itself by Dr. Joseph Mercola
5. The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
by Lissa Rankin MD. I don't think this book is underrated, but perhaps it may not be very well known to some people.
I've been dealing with a health issue and reading this books gave me hope that things will get better!!
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I'd select Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series as my bff.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I am a newbie knitter. My hobby of knitting is something I started last year and am loving it immensely!!
My hubby and I geocache together and is something we've been doing together for almost 10 years now.
We also like to travel as well, but not nearly as much as we'd like to travel.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Well, I love jewelry... Actually, I drool over jewelry and wish I had the budget to buy all the expensive fine jewelry I wish I could afford... I find myself window shopping for jewelry more than actually buying anything because I'm pretty picky about what kind of jewelry I wear. Plus, most of the jewelry I like is way out of my budget/price range.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song is it?
Oh, What A Night by The Four Seasons.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I'd love to see the His Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers made into a mini-series.