Monday, July 21, 2014

The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss


Last weekend, I listened to the unabridged audio version of The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss and narrated by Hollis McCarthy. The Selkie Spell is the first novel of The Seal Island Trilogy


Sophie Moss is a new (to me anyway) author... And her writing is phenomenal! I thoroughly enjoyed my listening experience of The Selkie Spell... Hollis McCarthy did a spectacular job of reading The Selkie Spell. I cannot imagine anyone else doing a better job of reading this novel than Hollis McCarthy. I also learned through the author's website that "The Selkie Spell is a GOLD MEDAL WINNER in the 2013 Readers' Favorite Book Awards"!


The following is the publisher's summary of The Selkie Spell that I found on Audible:
American doctor Tara Moore wants to disappear. On the run from an abusive husband, she seeks shelter on a windswept Irish island and dismisses the villagers' speculation that she is descended from a selkie - a magical creature who is bewitching the island. But when a ghostly woman appears to her with a warning, Tara realizes it was more than chance that brought her to this island. 
Desperate to escape a dark and dangerous past, she struggles against a passionate attraction to handsome islander, Dominic O'Sullivan. But the enchantment of the island soon overpowers her and she falls helpless under its spell. Caught between magic and reality, Tara must find a way to wield both when a dangerous stranger from her past arrives, threatening to destroy the lives of everyone on the island.

I'm giving The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss a 9 out of 10 star rating.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good! I wrote it down on my audio list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review enough to add the book to your audio list. I still have the remaining two books in the trilogy on my list to listen to in the future.

      Delete