Monday, March 31, 2014

1st Quarter of 2014 Reading Update

I cannot believe that the first quarter of 2014 has come to an end already. Boy, this year has gone by so swiftly already!! 

This year has been a good one for me in terms of reading books. I've finished reading twenty-four books this quarter for an average of eight books a month, which is a lot of books for me to read so far this year. I'm hoping to continue reading a minimum of eight books a month for the rest of the year as I try to continue whittling down my overflowing 'to be read' pile. I'd love to read over one hundred books this year, so I'll see if I can squeeze in slightly more than eight books in a month to achieve this goal... Now, if I could only stop myself from buying more used books to add to my ever growing 'to be read' pile, along with reaching my reading goals, I'd be super thrilled.

Here's an interesting little factoid about my reading habits this year. Fifteen of the twenty-four books I've enjoyed reading this year, have actually been audiobooks! I've managed to listen to more books verses read them, which is definitely a first for me. Whether or not I keep listening to more audiobooks this year verses reading books remains to be seen. Only time will tell. I'll be interested to find out if I do listen to more audiobooks this year then reading books because I've never been a big audiobook fan much in the past... But in the past two to three years, I've really grown to love audiobooks. 

All I know for sure, is that last year I listened to a total of twenty-six audiobooks and that was the most audiobooks I'd ever listened to in a given year. This year, I'm actually trying to surpass the number of audiobooks I listened to last year. Ideally, I'd like to listen to thirty audiobooks this year. If I end up listening to more than thirty audiobooks, that would be great, but I'll be happy with thirty audiobooks.

I'm selecting the following three books as my favorite reads for the first quarter of 2014:

1. Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert 
2. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
3. Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee

I also attended a fabulous author signing & discussion at The Sacred Space with authors, Dr. Gay Hendricks and Tinker Lindsay, which is my favorite event so far this year.

Which books have you enjoyed reading during the first quarter of 2014? Have you attended any interesting author signing events or book festivals?

No comments:

Post a Comment