Thursday, June 30, 2016

2016 Second Quarter Wrap Up Post!!

I've already read or listened to more books this year than I had anticipated/planned on reading in 2016. Originally, I had only planned to read 25 books this year. Instead, I've read or listened to 47 books so far during 2016. With reading 17 books during the month of June alone.

The break down of what I've read or listened to so far this year is as follows:

I've read 16 physical books.
I've read 10 eBooks.
I've listened to 21 audiobooks.


It's no surprise to me that I have listened to more audiobooks this year. I love listening to audiobooks. I'm also participating in the 2016 Audiobook Challenge hosted by both The Book Nympho and Hot Listens, so participating in this particular audiobook challenge also accounts for the higher number of audiobooks. 

See the following link about the 2016 Audiobook Challenge if you're interested in learning more about it.

My favorite 2016 reads/listens this have been the following ones:

1. Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim
2. The Good Traitor by Ryan Quinn
3. Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession, and How Desire Shapes the World by Aja Raden
4 My LIfe On The Road by Gloria Steinem
5. The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack
6. Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
7. The Assassination of the Archduke: Sarajevo 1914 and the Romance That Changed the World by Greg King & Sue Woolmans

8. Flight by Sherman Alexie
9. Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender
10. Deadly Readings by Laura Bradford

So now that 2016 is halfway over with, how is your year in reading going for you? How many books have you read this year so far? Which books have been your favorites? Which books have been a disappointments?

2 comments:

  1. I've only read 8 books this year, one ebook and seven physical books. I'm a slow reader, but I savor them. My favorites were The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and surprisingly, Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Not my usual genre, and it was very complicated and a little hard to follow, but I really got involved and am glad I read it. Another one I liked is the ebook I just finished, The Railway Children by E. Nesbit, an old book for children, but I found it very enjoyable. I was disappointed in The Naturalist: Theodore Roosevelt ... I thought it would be a biography, and it was but it focused on his hunting and specimen collecting for natural history museums. Too much killing for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading The Poisonwood Bible years ago and would love to read it again. I haven't read The Cloud Atlas, but it sounds good. The Theodore Roosevelot book sounds like too much killing for my taste too. Thank you for leaving me a comment.

      Delete