Saturday, June 18, 2016

Rakestraw Books in Danville, California

I first visited the independent bookstore Rakestraw Books in Danville, California back in September 2014. They've since moved their storefront to a new location in Danville, California!! 

The new location of the Rakestraw Books is light and bright. I enjoy the new layout of their storefront. The staff at Rakestraw Books is friendly. Rakestraw Books hosts many author events and book signings throughout the year and a book club/reading group as well. 

As much as I do like their new storefront, I have a minor complaint about the current location... Rakestraw Books is located in a busy shopping center that's easy to find and offers free parking. However, I've noticed at peak hours of the day, like around noon on weekdays, parking is difficult to obtain. Normally, I would avoid visiting Rakestraw Books during this time frame to avoid the lunchtime crowd that visits this particular shopping center during weekdays. But last week, I wanted to attend the Arturo Perez-Reverte author/book signing event that began at noon at Rakestraw Books. Attempting to find parking was difficult and it took me 15-20 minutes of circling the very busy parking lot to find a spot to park my car for the event. Yikes, I almost missed the start of the event. Otherwise, I like the new location of Rakestraw Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment