Friday, June 24, 2016

Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula

Steampunk Mystery Novella
I love mystery (especially cozy mystery novels) novels... But I've had hit or miss success with steampunk novels... So, when I came across a steampunk themed mystery novella by a new to me author, I thought I'd give the novella a try.

I read the ebook edition of Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula on my Kindle. Killing at the Carnival by L. A. Nisula is approximately 127 pages in length. 

I was able to download this novella for FREE from Amazon. Below is my unbiased review of Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula.

There isn't much steampunk in the Killing at the Carnival by L. A. Nisula. It's mostly a cozy mystery novella. I enjoyed the story, plot, characters, and theme of Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula. I also thought the writing was good for Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula. Cassie Pengear makes for a great amateur sleuth!! 

Below is a plot summary for Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula from Amazon:
Cassie Pengear thought a visit to the carnival would be fun: see some shows, eat some sweets, help her landlady’s nephew decide if the cowboy was real or an actor. But then the cowboy shot the volunteer, and he didn’t get up. Now Cassie has a ten-year-old boy insisting the cowboy isn’t a killer and a landlady insisting she help solve the killing at the carnival. A cozy mystery with a steampunk setting 29,000 words, print version 126 pages This book is also available as part of a bundle.

In a Victorian England that almost existed, a steampunk London where tinkerers and clockwork devices exist alongside handsome cabs and corsets, murder is still solved by traditional observation and intuition. This is the London where American typist Cassandra Pengear finds herself stumbling over corpses and helping Scotland Yard detectives solve murders (although they inexplicably prefer to call it interfering). Follow her adventures in the Cassie Pengear Mystery series, beginning with The Killing at the Carnival.
I am giving Killing at the Carnival (Cassie Pengear Mysteries Book 1) by L. A. Nisula a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment