Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket

Hardback Edition
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket is a children's book that I read over the course of a few days. 

I only decided to read The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket, when I discovered that the author was going to be speaking at the 2016 Bay Area Book Festival... I love attending author events and I love having books signed by the author. So with that thought in mind, I decided to purchase a used copy of The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket.

After reading The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket, I have mixed feelings about this novel. I liked the Baudelaire children (Violet, Klaus, & Sunny) and the fact that the novel is written as a series on unfortunate events (as happy endings don't always happen in real life)... But sadly, the storyline for The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) just didn't do it for me. Needless to say, I won't bother reading the rest of the novels in the series.

I am giving The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. This was one of my favorite series growing up and I plan to do a re-read sometime soon. My opinion of them may change since I'm older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps reading this book as an adult had something to do with it. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I were a kid reading this book for the first time.

      Delete