Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sherman Alexie & Daniel Handler (AKA Lemony Snicket) Author Event & Book Signing!

I love attending author events and book signings whenever I can, especially if they are at local independent bookstores or nearby book festivals.

Earlier this year, I was excited to learn that Sherman Alexie was coming to the 2016 Bay Area Book Festival and speaking at an event titled: Telling Stories: Sherman Alexie and Daniel Handler (AKA Lemony Snicket) Take the Stage at the San Francisco Chronicle Stage @ the Freight & Salvage in downtown Berkeley, California from 3:15pm to 4:30pm.


Daniel Handler (left) and Sherman Alexie (right)

I have become a H-U-G-E fan of Sherman Alexie's writing in recent years. So, I just knew that I had to see him speak live at the 2016 Bay Area Book Festival. For me, hearing Sherman Alexie speak live before an audience could be a potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity! And believe me, I am beyond thrilled that I attended the Telling Stories: Sherman Alexie and Daniel Handler (AKA Lemony Snicket) Take the Stage event because both Daniel Handler and Sherman Alexie are fabulous to hear speak live. Both men are hilarious and engaging speakers. In this case, it was more of Daniel Handler interviewing Sherman Alexie, but both men are funny and had fabulous things to share during the 75 minutes they spoke.

Plus, having Sherman Alexie sign three different copies of his books that I own and brought with me to this event was just too awesome to pass up. However, in my excitement, I forgot to have a picture of me taken with Sherman Alexie though when I had him sign my copies of his books!! 

I also enjoyed having Daniel Handler sign a copy of the first Lemony Snicket novel he wrote titled The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events). Mr. Handler was very nice to meet in person and very chatty, which is wonderful as I love it when authors take the time to talk to readers that come to see them. Anyway, I am currently reading The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events) now and hope to finish reading and then reviewing it later this month.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! So glad you were able to go and get your books signed. I missed Daniel Handler last year when he came for the Festival of Books. I didn't realize that he was there until it was too late. I hope he comes back next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Daniel Handler comes next year to the Festival of Books, so that you can see him speak in person.

      Delete