Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell

eBook Novella.
I read the ebook edition of Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell on my Kindle. Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell is a novella approximately 120 pages in length. Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) is the first thing I've read by Liz Dodwell.

I was able to download Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon. The following is my unbiased review.

I thought the story, plot, writing, and characters were simply okay for Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell. This novella is a fast read. I generally love cozy mysteries, but this novella wasn't all that special. There wasn't that much depth/substance to it. I just felt like the actual killer came out of left field and a lot more details were needed to make it a better story.

The following is a plot summary for Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell from Amazon:
Polly Parrett meets Polly parrot. Together, can they solve a murder mystery?

Things just don’t always go the right way for pet-sitter, Polly Parrett. Dogs and cats can be tough enough; now she finds herself having to cope with a moody macaw, a volatile new resident at her mother’s halfway house for veterans, and oh yeah, a dead body.

What’s more, the parrot and Polly share the same name, which not only makes for a lot of confusion, but it just might be that the parrot is the smarter of the two.
I am giving Bird Brain (Polly Parrett Pet-Sitter Cozy Murder Mysteries #3) by Liz Dodwell a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw too bad. I would have been drawn to the animal and cozy aspect as well. Too bad it just didn't have depth. Hopefully the next will be brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope the next cozy book I read is also much better! I started reading a steampunk mystery earlier today. I am hoping it will be a good read... I feel like steampunk reads are hit or miss for me.

      Happy reading to you!

      Delete