Saturday, June 11, 2016

Happy Audiobook Month!!

I love listening to audiobooks!! Listening to audiobooks is something that I've only fallen in love with during the last three or four years... I've become an audiobook junkie as I've become somewhat of a lazy reader, preferring to listen to books than reading them when I can. 

I doubt I'll ever give up reading physical books entirely because there is always something appealing about holding a book in your hands and reading the written word as it appears on the page. Plus, the smell of new books and the way they feel in one's hands is awesome!

I find listening to audiobooks appealing as I like hearing someone read to me. Audiobooks are a great way to pass the time while traveling, doing chores, eating meals while at home alone, or even when you need to give your eyes a rest from reading a book.

If an audiobook has a great narrator and the audiobook production quality is clear and crisp, then audiobooks become even more magical... If not, then a poor narrator or poor audio quality can ruin one's listening experience.

Below is a video of author, Stephen King, explaining why he thinks audiobooks are terrific!




Until my next post, I hope you find yourself lost in an audiobook. Happy listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment