Monday, June 20, 2016

2016 Audiobook Challenge Semi-Annual Update!!


Thank you once again to both The Book Nympho (Jennifer) and Hot Listens (Melanie) for hosting the 2016 Audiobook Challenge!

My year is off to a good start so far in terms of listening to audiobooks! I've listened to twenty audiobooks so far this year.

Below is a short list of a few of my favorite audiobooks that I've enjoyed listening to this year in no particular order of importance. Click on the links below to read my review of each book:

1. Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim
2. The Good Traitor by Ryan Quinn
3. Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession, and How Desire Shapes the World by Aja Raden
4 My LIfe On The Road by Gloria Steinem
5. The Ghost and the Graveyard by Genevieve Jack
6. Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
7. The Assassination of the Archduke: Sarajevo 1914 and the Romance That Changed the World by Greg King & Sue Woolmans

Three of the above audiobooks are nonfiction, while the remaining four audiobooks are works of fiction.

Which audiobooks have really made an impression on you so far this year?

8 comments:

  1. Stoned sounds really good. I'll have to look for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession, and How Desire Shapes the World by Aja Raden is awesome!! It combines my love jewelry and history too!!

      Delete
  2. I have really enjoyed memoirs on audio in the past. Those can be great on audio. You feel like you are actually sitting down with that person as they tell you about their life. I haven't done many other non-fictions on audio (or really much even read). I should read more of them.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria Steinem's book is awesome!!! She's such an icon for feminism and women's history... I don't listen or read memoirs or biographies as much as I use to in the past.

      One of the thing I liked about My Life On The Road by Gloria Steinem was that Debra Winger read most of the book and she does an awesome job of narrating this book!!

      Happy listening!!

      Delete
  3. Hey, great job with your listens!!! 20 is such a great number! It puts me to shame, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for compliment! I am doing much better than expected at this point for the 2016 Audiobook Challenge!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on already listening to 20 audiobooks! I love your eclectic list of books listened to. I'm a romance enthusiast, but one day I hope to venture into other genres too: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! Happy listening!!

      Delete