Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Bookish Items/Merchandise I’d Like to Own



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

1. More bookcases, PLEASE!! I've run out of shelf space and have books hiding under my bed, on my night stand, and just about everywhere else imaginable in my home.

2. Book ends for book shelves to keep books standing upright.

3. More magnetic bookmarks as I prefer these to regular bookmarks.

4. Book scented candles sound intriguing... However, I'm pretty particular/sensitive about scents/smells in general (I can't wear perfumes or other scented products any more), so it would have to be a smell I like and also a smell that doesn't give me a headache either.

5. Socks or tee shirts with either bookish quotes or book covers on them would be fun to wear.

6. Personalized bookplates.

7. Bookish jewelry made in sterling silver.

8. A subscription to a book club/box!! In all fairness, I've recently signed up for John Green's new book club, Life's Library, and am waiting for the first bundle to ship on December 4th of this year. I can't wait to receive the first box filled with the novel we'll be reading and the additional merchandise provided! You have through the 16th of this month to sign up to receive the first book club shipment. There's a physical subscription and a digital one as well. Click on the above link to read more.

9. A reading journal! Sure I have a blog and am also on Goodreads. I leave a digital version of my book reviews in both places, but it would be fun to go old school and keep a physical reading journal.

10. A bookish themed phone case for my iphone!

36 comments:

  1. OOh nice ones!! I'd want more room for more bookcases! I'll easily buy some...it's just a matter of having the space for them! Lol. Bookish jewelry is always fun too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you in terms of finding more space for bookcases! Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. All wonderful things for a booklover to have. I hope you give the list to hubby, family and friends too. After all, the holidays are coming! I think my top one would be someone to do my housework so I had more time to read-:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, someone to come by and clean my home for me period, would be perfect!! Didn't think of that one. :-)

      Delete
  3. Magnetic bookmarks are the best! Almost as good as those ribbon bookmarks that come actually attached to the books - they're the only sort I manage not to lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, magnetic bookmarks are perfect for staying in place.

      Delete
  4. Yes to bookends and pillowcases!!! Great list!!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  5. I have a bookish themed cover for my laptop. One for the phone would be fun too. I would love more bookshelves as well. Wall to wall bookshelves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, bookends are a good choice. They're very useful.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I don't have any more room for bookcases, but I know after I read some books I could get read of some. I actually bought a 3 tier cart with wheels at Target. I'm currently using it for books. I would also be interested in bookish tees, too. I actually have some of the book reading journals. I don't use them much though. I need to get better about it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  8. Great list! I've been shopping reading journals. I currently use a TUL notebook to make my own lists and tracking, but I'm thinking about getting a planner specific to books for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your tip about the TUL notebook. I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  9. Magnetic bookmarkers are amazing! And, I love journals and t-shirts.;) Book theme candles intrigue me as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  10. I don't have ANY magnetic bookmarks and I definitely need some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  11. I need more bookcases. And I love T-shirts with a good bookish quote on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  12. you can never have enough scented candles, totes, and socks! Those are some of my fave bookish merch. =)

    ♥♥♥
    Karen from sincerelykarenjo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  13. I have never tried a magnetic bookmark, but I have been seeing them everywhere lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started using them, but don't have many of them, which is why I want more magnetic bookmarks.They stay put inside books better than regular bookmarks.

      Delete
  14. All of these sound wonderful! I saw a pair of socks with "master has given Dobby a sock, Dobby is free!" printed on the bottoms and oh my bookworm heart lusts for those socks! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list, I'd love more bookcases but I don't have the space!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  16. I thought about signing up for that book club, but I don’t think I can do it. I desperately need more bookshelves! I have so many books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
    2. I prefer magnetic bookmarks too most of the time!
      Amy x
      www.goldenbooksgirl.wordpress.com

      Delete
    3. I am happy you enjoy magnetic bookmarks too!!

      Delete
  17. I am going to need bookends. When I get more bookshelves I plan to not have books wedged in tight. 👍

    I'm going to be doing a year of reading only classics in 2020 and a physical reading journal sounds like a great idea! 📒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Enjoy your year of reading classics in 2020.

      Delete