Thursday, September 28, 2023

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

 


I had Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco on my reading wishlist for a longtime. I love historical fiction, so picking this novel set in London in the late 1800s and featuring the likes of Jack the Ripper was a no-brainer for me. 

I'm so thrilled that I FINALLY listened to the unabridged audio version of Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco and narrated by Nicola Barber. This novel falls into the young adult genre and is the first novel in a series... And I look forward to continuing with this series in the future.

I liked the main character, 17 year old Audrey Rose Wadsworth. She's smart, feisty, and all around fun character. In other words, she's a strong female character. I liked that she was studying science and sleuthing with a sidekick to discover the true identity of Jack the Ripper. 

I understand that Stalking Jack the Ripper is the author's debut novel. I think Kerri Maniscalco's writing is well done. The storyline and characters are fun and well developed. Good read overall.

Below is the plot summary for Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco I discovered on Goodreads:

Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

I'm giving Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment