Sunday, July 2, 2017

Wilmot's Books in Alameda, California

My husband and I visited Wilmot's Books in Alameda, California last month. It was our first time visiting this independent used bookstore and it will be our last time visiting this particular used bookstore!

The person on staff was rude and not at all welcoming, which is something not appreciated as a customer shopping in the retail setting. 

I didn't make a purchase, but had said to the person on staff what a nice selection of books they had on hand and that I looked forward to coming back in for another visit... The staff member said to me that he hoped I liked visiting their library in a very sour tone. Like what the hell??? Was I being slammed for not making a purchase or what? It sure sounded that way to me! I left and made up my mind to not return to their bookstore again based on the this particular staff's member rude comment to me and little interest in me as a person if I was not going to make a purchase.

Yes, Wilmot's Books had a nice selection of used books for sale. However, the less than stellar customer service, along with books lining the aisles waiting to be shelved were enough of a turn off to not have me coming back for another visit to Wilmot's Books in the future.

Does poor customer service turn you off from shopping at brick and mortar stores?

4 comments:

  1. Ay! That's terrible! What a terrible way to experience a book store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staff shouldn't insult the customer for sure.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you had that experience! I definitely make it a point not to re-visit stores I've had bad customer service experiences in. I might even call the manager to let them know what happened. Think of all the potential customers they're losing because of this worker's bad attitude!
    Lauren @ Bookgirl Secrets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving me a comment... I thought about calling the manager, but am not sure it is worth the effort.

      Delete