Thursday, July 14, 2016

Jack the Ripper Books to Read!

I read an article on the Bustle website that captured my interest. The article's title is 9 Jack The Ripper Books Any Amateur Detective Needs To Read by Shaun Fitzpatrick. In the article, Shaun Fitzpatrick writes:
Jack the Ripper is one of the most (in)famous serial killers in history. Though the killer's identity was never discovered, at least five women were thought to have been murdered by him over the course of his killing spree, and several more have tentative links to the killer. Various men have been suspected of the crimes, but no arrests were ever made. Jack the Ripper's identity continues to be a mystery. 
And what reader doesn't love a mystery? 
Even though the murders happened well over 100 years ago, we still can't stop speculating over Jack the Ripper's identity. This fascination has found its way onto our book shelves, where an interested reader can find a ton of books, both fiction and nonfiction, focusing on the killer. While the list of Jack the Ripper titles available is exhaustive, I've rounded up nine of my favorite books about Jack the Ripper, featuring both fiction and nonfiction titles (depending on whether you like your history factual or fictional!).
Click on the top link to see which books made the list of Jack the Ripper books to read! 

2 comments:

  1. I love books that include real elements of history in them... especially when it's true crime! I'm morbidly fascinated w/ serial killers, disasters, and cults. Thanks for sharing the article... now I'm super excited to read The Candle Man (and not on the list Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, I'm super excited for that book!!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also enjoy books that have elements of crime in them too... I'm glad like you liked the article I shred in my post.

      I'll have to check Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco!! If you like true crime books and ones about serial killers, have you read The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi?? It came out in 2008 and is really good.

      Delete