Sunday, July 17, 2016

Do You Reread Books You Love?

I've read some fabulous books over the years! Haven't we all read some awesome books throughout our lives that really resonated with us on some level?? I've reread a few of the books I've enjoyed reading over the course of my life, but there are still too many of them that I would love to reread again... Yet, I keep reading new books that I continue to add to my ever growing 'to be read' pile.

One day I'll have to read some of my favorite books to rediscover the reason I fell in love with them in the first place. Below are some of the books I'd like to reread in the future.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
The Forty Fathom Bank by Les Galloway
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
The Scent of God by Beryl Singleton Bissell
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Sacred Well by Antoinette May

I also happened to stumble across an article on Bustle about the joy of rereading books titled 11 Joys of Re-Reading Books, Because Starting Over at Page 1 Is a Feeling You Can't Replicate by Kristen Scatton... And the list of reasons that rereading books brings such joy are good ones!

4 comments:

  1. I rarely re-read books that I love, but I have done it and continue to love the books. I've re-read the Harry Potter series, Phantom of the Opera, and Becoming Latina in 10 Easy Steps. I wish there was more time for me to re-read my other loved reads but there are so many other new books for me to discover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish I had time to re-read books I love too... Too many books to read and too little time!

      Delete
  2. I try to work re-reads into my regular reading schedule and generally have at least one re-read in my TBR at any given time. Most of my time is devoted to new stuff and all of the hundreds of backlist titles I still have on my shelves though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful that you make time for re-reads! I really need to do that as well.

      Thanks for sharing your reading habits.

      Delete