Sunday, January 12, 2014

What's Your ALL TIME Favorite Cookbook??

Hardback Edition
Yes, you read correctly, I want to know what your ALL TIME Favorite Cookbook is!! You know, the one cookbook you find yourself gravitating towards when you need to make the perfect comfort food, special meal for a potluck, etc... That one special cookbook filled with recipes you can't live without?

My ALL TIME favorite cookbook is titled The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey and published by Better Homes and Gardens. Although, I admittedly haven't used the recipes in this cookbook in quite a while (mainly due to my current food allergies/sensitivities), but I have used and loved many of the recipes in this book over the past 15+ years.

I purchased The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey shortly after graduating from college and  had moved out on my own. I've never been much into cooking gourmet meals... Or cooking period. I wanted a basic cookbook filled with easy to make and scrumptious tasting recipes.... And The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey fits the bill.

The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey contains a wide variety of easy to make recipes from appetizers, soups, salads, main meals, side dishes and desserts!

Some of my favorite recipes/dishes from The Easier You Make It, The Better It Tastes! by Jayni & Frank Carey include the following:

1. Deluxe Tuna Casserole
2. Secret Chili (My husband adores this recipe! I serve it with cornbread.)
3. Fried Salmon Cakes
4. Orange-Cumin Couscous (I substitute the couscous with quinoa)
5. Chicken Curry
6. Rosemary Chicken
7. Mexican Corn Chowder
8. Spinach Apple Salad with Curry Dressing
9. Double Chocolate Mint Drops
10.Banana Nut Bread

Share your favorite cookbooks with me! Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love love cookbooks. I am always trying to find a good one. I have tried some Rachel Ray ones.. and a lot of Martha Stewart ones. I actually haven't looked up any though for a while now. I do also love the Barefoot Contessa show!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to checkout Rachel Ray's cookbooks... I'm not even sure if I've even browsed/skimmed through her cookbooks.

      Delete