Saturday, May 15, 2021

Chaucer's Bookstore Virtual Author Event with Sara Dykman Discussing Her New Book ~ Bicycling With Butterflies

 On Thursday, May 13, 2021 from 6pm to 7pm PDT, I attended another virtual author event hosted by Chaucer's Bookstore in Santa Barbara, California!!

I love butterflies and learning more about these beautiful creatures, so listening to Sara Dykman talk about her nonfiction book, Bicycling with Butterflies: My 10,201-Mile Journey Following the Monarch Migration.

I learned so much from watching this virtual author event about the monarch butterflies and their migration path. 

Below is a video of Sara Dykman discussing her 10,201 mile journey following the migration of the eastern monarch butterfly.

Sara Dykman is the founder of beyond­abook.org

MonarchWatch.org - "Monarch Watch is a nonprofit educational outreach program based at the University of Kansas that focuses on the monarch butterfly, its habitat, and its spectacular fall migration." (Quote is from the Monarch Watch 'about us' page)

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. As a butterfly buff myself, I'll have to look up her book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking to read this book too at some point in the future. It seems to have great reviews on Amazon so far.

      Delete