Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 End of the Year Wrap Up Post


I had a great year of reading in 2019!! I read a total of 125 books this year. I completely surpassed my reading goal, which was to read 87 books this year. I have not written book reviews for all the books I've read in 2019... I think I have roughly 15 (???) books that I didn't write book reviews for this year. I think this is the 1st time I've not been able to write all my book reviews before the year was up. Maybe I'll write a few more book reviews from 2019 in the new year, maybe not... We'll see what transpires!

Some of my favorite reads this year include the following books:


3. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
4. The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony
5. I Hear You by Michael S. Sorensen
6. Whoever Fights Monsters: My Twenty Years Tracking Serial Killers for the FBI by Robert K. Ressler and Tom Shachtman
7. Trinity: A Graphic History of the First Atomic Bomb by Jonathan Fetter-Vorm
8. Get Well Soon: History's Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them by Jennifer Wright
9. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
10. Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard

I've also been blessed to have visited 30 new to me Little Free Libraries around the state of California... Plus, I've revisited several Little Free Libraries as well throughout the year. I love discovering new to me Little Free Libraries and exchanging books I've read with books I haven't yet read. I've actually found many wishlist books inside Little Free Libraries I have visited. Do You enjoy exchanging books at Little Free Libraries too?

Additionally, I attended the 2019 Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley, California for the 5th year in a row!! I had so much fun attending this two day event with my husband. Click on the the following links to read my bookish adventures at the 2019 Bay Area Book Festival.... BABF Sneak Peek, BABF Day 1 and BABF Day 2.

I also enjoyed attending the Pleasant Hill Public Library's free used book giveaway in July of this year. I came away with 25 used/withdrawn library books. Click on the above link to read abut my experience.

Did you meet your reading goals in 2019? Share with me some of your favorite books read in 2019 in the comment section below. Did you attend any author signings or book festivals? Did you participate in any book clubs/reading groups? Share any fun bookish related things you'd like below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment