Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

This week's topic is all about the books that have been in my 'to be read' pile the longest, but I still haven't read! I have so many books that I've had for years!! I can't remember exactly how long I've had many of them. But below is a list of books I've had with me a long time and still have not read to this day.

1. Special Topics In Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl (Since 2006ish)
2. Riven Rock by T. C. Boyle
3. You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness by Julie Klam
4. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
5. The Year of The Flood by Margaret Atwood
6. Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
7. Free Food for Millionaires by Min Jin Lee
8. Room by Emma Donoghue
9. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
10. An Eagle Named Freedom: My True Story of a Remarkable Friendship by Jeff Guidry

So, which books have you had for a long time, but have yet to read?

9 comments:

  1. All totally new to me ones! Hope you get to someday read them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading to you!

      Delete
  2. I have read 6 of your 10 and can say you have lots of reading excitement ahead of you not to mention lots of pages-:) One that stands out as a book I kept putting off reading and then was amazed by is Special Topics in Calamity Physics. http://keepthewisdom.blogspot.com/2013/08/special-topics-in-calamity-physics.html. We won't even talk about all the unread books in stacks, on shelves, and eReaders in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like you I have WAY to many unread books yet to read as well.

      Delete
  3. Room has been on my TBR forever! I started watching the movie but it gave me so much anxiety I had to turn it off. I've heard the book is really really good though. The rest of them I haven't heard of.
    Here's out TTT: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-have-been-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I meant here's ours! http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-oldest-series.html

      Delete
    2. I have had Room way before the movie came out... I saw the movie version of this book already, so I've been off reading the book!

      Delete
  4. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat would probably be an awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat is really good!

      Delete