Monday, February 26, 2018

March 2018 Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge ~ My Sign-up Post



Kimberly over on Caffeinated Reviewer is hosting a month long reading challenge during March 2018 called the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge!! This is the 6th year this challenge will be taking place.

Below is a quick blurb about the March 2018 Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge from the Caffeinated Reader website:

The rules are simple: for the entire month of March, you focus on reading/listening to books in your TBR pile released before March 1, 2018. They can be eBooks, physical books or audiobooks. Let’s clean off those shelves and finish those series and trilogies!
This is one of my favorite events as my to-be-read pile is often neglected. For those with a backlist of ARCs have no fear, as long as they have already published you can count them!
I will provide motivation with a grand prize of a new release of your choice. I am giving you time to clear your calendars and sort through your TBR piles by posting early, so no excuses..we can do this! Open to all participants as long as Book Depository ships to your address.
Are you ready to accept the Challenge?

Click on the above link to read the official rules for March 2018 Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge and to sign up!

This will be the first time I will be participating in the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge. I look forward to reading some of my older books during the month of March.

I plan to read five books by five different women writers as March is Women's History Month. I will not be choosing books that focus specifically on women's history or women's issues, but at least I am choosing to read books written by women during the month of March.

Here are the five books I plan to read in March 2018:

1. All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker (Advance Reader Edition)
2. Where The Lost Girls Go by R. J. Noonan (Received for FREE through Goodreads)
3. Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People & Dogs by Caroline Knapp (I need to finish reading this book)
4. The Devil, The Lovers, & Me: My Life In Tarot by Kimberlee Auerbach (I need to finish reading this book)
5. The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee (I need to finish reading  this book)

I hope you'll be joining me in reading books from your tbr pile in March!

Until my next post, happy reading!!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you joined too! Enjoy your reading next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just signed up yesterday and it's my first year too! I love your take on reading Women Author's for Women's History Month - great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm trying to read books that fit certain themes this year!

      Delete
  3. I am doing a version of this but spread throughout the year. One book a month from my TBR lists/piles. So far I read The Secret River from 2006 and I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy from 2007, the year he won the Pulitzer Prize for it. I had seen the movie but somehow never read the book. Boy was it dark but so powerful! Good luck on your March list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Road a few years ago and yes, it is dark. I thought it was a fat read though.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are such a prolific and diversified reader, hoorah for you! As you know I live vicariously through your fascinating reads. I am so happy that starting so very young in life we read to you endlessly; you wouldn’t tolerate anything less, lol... may Babar & Celeste remain in your heart forever.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attribute my love for reading to you!! You read to me endlessly as a toddler and child... For that I am an avid reader today and cannot imagine my life with out books! Or reading them for that matter. :-)

      Delete