Tuesday, February 20, 2018

9 Books Donald Trump Really Needs To Read

President's Day has officially come and gone, but I couldn't help but notice and read an interesting article on Bustle's website titled, 9 Books Donald Trump Really Needs To Read, From 'Between The World And Me' To 'I Am Malala' by Melissa Ragsdale.

In the article, Melissa Ragsdale wrote the following:
It's been more than a year since Donald Trump became president, and in that time, he has shown a phenomenal distaste for reading of any kind. Recent reports claim that he doesn’t read his top-secret intelligence reports. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee even did a segment that jokingly theorizing that perhaps the president can't read at all.

This is a problem for many reasons. As president, Trump’s goal ought to be to represent all of America, and one of the easiest ways to understand the hearts and minds of people whose experiences are different from yours is to read widely.
It's pretty unlikely that Trump will see this list, let alone follow my recommendations. But even if he can't or won't read these books, these books are essential reading for every American. The more knowledge we spread, the better equipped we all are to make the world a better place.
I've already read three of the books mentioned in Melissa Ragsdale's article ~ I Am Malala, Night, and Nasty Women ~ and agree that all three books are most definitely worth the read for a better understanding of the world around us. 

I also have added a few of the other book titles to my ever growing reading wish list.

Whether the books listed in the above article are the best ones out there to be be read by President Trump or not, is irrelevant to me... I simply question whether the message contained within in each book would make any positive impact on President Trump at all. 

I think the books listed in Melissa Ragsdale's above article would make for great reading whether the President reads them or the rest of the nation reads them. 

2 comments:

  1. I fear the man might be dyslexic. He just does not read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't figure out how he doesn't like to read??? Like isn't that part of the job of being President of the USA?

      Delete