Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
1. I love listening to audiobooks! In fact, audiobooks have only recently become one of my favorite ways to savor books in the past few years. There's something special about listening to someone else read a book to you that makes one's experience with books all that much better.
2. I consider myself to be a 'Polygamist Reader', which according to an article on Bustle titled 13 Types Of Readers Everyone Knows, Because We Aren't All Alike by Sadie L. Trombetta, is defined as:
You might have trouble keeping track of more than one story at once, but there is a certain type of reader who loves to juggle multiple books at once. Their nightstand is like your television queue — full of things you're part of the way through covering every kind of genre. They like to keep things interesting, and multitasking is their most beloved trait.I do tend to read more than one book at a time and I also tend to read books from a wide range of genres.
3. I enjoy reading mysteries and thrillers... And cozy mystery novels fall into one of my most recent favorite sub-genres in the mystery genre.
4. The two authors I would most like to meet in real life at an author event/book signing would be Diana Gabaldon and Margaret Atwood. I have yet to met these authors and I've really enjoyed reading their novels over the years.
5. My biggest pet peeve while reading, is being bothered/interrupted while reading. Usually, I'm really engrossed in what I'm reading and I want time to focus on my reading and enjoy the content provided by an author. So, if I'm interrupted for whatever reason, it disrupts the follow of the book/novel I'm reading
6. As far as reading habits go, I usually don't eat a snack or drink a beverage while reading a physical book as I find it somewhat awkward to eat or drink while flipping pages of a physical book... However, eating food or drinking a beverage while listening to an audiobook is something I do frequently. Also, I usually read at home or read while traveling on a plane, train, or other type of public transportation.
7. I love visiting independent bookstores, attending author events/book signings, and book festivals.
8. Recently, I've been on a kick/streak to visit Little Free Libraries. They are fun to visit as I like leaving books inside of them.
9. I am an avid fan of Bookcrossing!! I've been a member of Bookcrossing since January 2007 and enjoy interacting with other avid readers and book lovers via the Bookcrossing forum section or through private messages... Plus, I've enjoyed sharing books with other avid readers around the world through Bookcrossing and learning what they think about the same books that I've enjoyed reading.
10. I am enjoying nonfiction reads more these days than works of fiction.