Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 End of the Year Wrap Up Post!!

I can hardly believe that 2015 is coming to a close!! This year has really gone by way too swiftly for me! But it has been a really good year for me overall, so can't really complain as I have much to be thankful for in my life.

In terms of my reading goals this year, I set the bar high and aimed to read 100 books in 2015. The good news is that I surpassed my reading goal and read 102 books this year!! The books I chose to read this year were fairly diverse in nature as I read both fiction and nonfiction in a wide variety of genres.

Some of the books I read were really good, some weren't so hot, and still others fell somewhere in between. This year I managed to listen to 27 audiobooks, read 54 eBooks, and 21 physical books!

It was difficult to select my favorite reads for 2015, but my ten favorite books this year are as follows:

1. The Story of Sushi: An Unlikely Saga of Raw Fish and Rice by Trevor Corson
2. Cat Daddy by Jackson Galaxy
3. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Hot Target by Suzanne Brockmann
5. Rain Gods by James Lee Burke
6. I Am Livia by Phyllis T. Smith
7. Appaloosa Summer by Tudor Robins
8. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
9. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
10. Getting Things Done by David Allen


I also enjoyed attending some fabulous author signings and the 2015 Bay Area Book Festival this year!! Plus, other bookish related  things.

National Steinbeck Center
Author Event/Signing with Paula Hawkins --- The Girl on the Train
Amy Stewart @ Rakestraw Books in Danville, California!!

Please share your favorite reads for 2015 with me!

Happy new year wishes to you and see you in 2016!!

5 comments:

  1. Wtg! Looks like a bunch of great reads for 2015! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to You as well!! I hope you have another wonderful year of reading in 2016!!

      Delete
  2. Woop Woop! You surpassed your reading goals! Awesome job!

    Btw, Happy New Year! I wish you tons of luck with your goals for 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a good year in reading in 2015. Happy New Year to You as well!! I hope you have another wonderful year of reading in 2016!!

      Delete