Saturday, October 3, 2015

Author Signing Event ~~~ Amy Stewart @ Rakestraw Books in Danville, California!!

Me with author, Amy Stewart
Last night was date night for my husband and me!! So, what did we do? We visited a wonderful local independent bookstore in Danville, California called Rakestraw Books

I'm a fan of author, Amy Stewart, and her wonderfully written books. I've enjoyed reading both of Amy Stewart's nonfiction works Wicked Bugs and Wicked Plants


Amy Stewart
Anyway, I've known for quite a while that Amy Stewart was coming to Rakestraw Books to speak about and sign copies of her latest book, a novel, titled Girl Waits With Gun. Actually, I've been beyond excited about her visit to Rakestraw Books and am so glad that my hubby and I attended this event.

We arrived at Rakestraw Books early, purchased a copy of Girl Waits With Gun, mingled a bit, and found fabulous seats in the front row to better hear and see Amy Stewart speak about her latest book. Amy Stewart gave a fascinating talk to a nice sized group of us who had come to hear her speak and have her sign copies of her new novel. I enjoyed learning the inspiration behind her new novel the Girl Waits With Gun.

Listen to an NPR interview of Amy Stewart discussing how she came to write Girl Waits With Gun

Girl Waits For Gun is the first novel in a series of books to be written by Amy Stewart about the Kopp Sisters. 

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment