Monday, June 8, 2015

Cat Daddy by Jackson Galaxy

Unabridged Audio Version
I am an animal lover at heart. I've had various pets throughout my life and have loved them all.

It's been many, many years since I've been a cat owner... I do love cats quite a bit. However, small dog breeds have been a big part of my life since 2003... More specifically, I am a Pomeranian lover! But dogs are a topic for another time and blog post.

I first became acquainted with Jackson Galaxy in the last year or so after watching a few episodes of the Animal Planet television series, My Cat From Hell. Jackson Galaxy is a cat behaviorist who helps people connect with their pet cats. He helps to troubleshoot and resolve issues people are having with their cat's behavior and vice versa. It's remarkable how just well Jackson Galaxy helps play advocate to both cat and human by helping to solve whatever problem seems to be going on at the time. Mr. Galaxy seems to be a true cat whisperer!

Last week, I visited the Audible website and discovered that the unabridged audio version of Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy was the Daily Deal for $2.95 (regularly $24.49). I didn't even know that Jackson Galaxy had even written a book. I was definitely intrigued with the book title and what Cat Daddy was about, so I downloaded it right then in there.

I practically devoured listening to Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy!! Cat Daddy is quite a memoir... It's as much about cats as it is about Jackson Galaxy's life and how cats helped him overcome his many addictions.  

The following is the publisher's summary for Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy from Audible:
Cat behaviorist and star of Animal Planet's hit television show My Cat from Hell, Jackson Galaxy, a.k.a. “Cat Daddy,” isn't what you might expect for a cat expert (as the New York Times noted, with his goatee and tattoos he “looks like a Hell's Angel”). Yet Galaxy's ability to connect with even the most troubled felines-not to mention the stressed-out humans living in their wake-is awe-inspiring. In this book, Galaxy tells the poignant story of his 13-year relationship with a petite gray-and-white short-haired cat named Benny, and gives singular advice for living with, caring for, and loving the feline in your home. When Benny arrived in his life, Galaxy was a down-and-out rock musician with not too much more going on than a part-time job at an animal shelter and a drug problem. Benny's previous owner brought the cat to the shelter in a cardboard box to give him up. Benny had seen better days-his pelvis had just been shattered by the wheels of a car-and his owner insisted he'd been “unbondable” from day one. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

An inspiring account of two broken beings who fixed each other, Cat Daddy is laced throughout with Galaxy's amazing “Cat Whisperer” advice for understanding what cats need most from us in order to live happier, healthier lives.
By the way, I should add that Cat Daddy is narrated by Jackson Galaxy. I love it when authors narrate their own books.

Also, listening time for Cat Daddy is approximately 6.5 hours. There is some profanity in the book, but nothing that would hinder someone from listening to Cat Daddy in the slightest. 

I loved learning  several tips that help our feline companions from Jackson Galaxy. These tips are given at the end of Cat Daddy in good detail.

I am giving  Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars. It is a really good book to read or listen to.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a big cat-lover and this looks like such a good book! Coincidentally, I just read about this book somewhere on the internet... I can't remember where for the life of me though! Anyway, I'm glad you liked it and maybe I'll choose this book to be the first audiobook I try! Great review!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on my review of Cat Daddy. Should decide to obtain a copy for your reading or listening pleasure, you'll have to let me know what you think if it when you're finished with it!

      Delete