Monday, June 16, 2014

Macaron Murder by Harper Lin

Macaron Murder by Harper Lin is an 88 page novella and is the first read in 'A Patisserie Mystery' cozy series. I downloaded this eBook to my Kindle for free from Amazon. The following is my unbiased review of Macaron Murder.

I chose to read Macaron Murder because I like cozy mystery novels, the book cover was attractive and the storyline sounded delightful! 

Plus, I enjoy eating macarons, so I found it was very cool that there are several recipes at the end of the book for macarons!! I look forward to making them at some point and hope they aren't to difficult to make as I'm not the best baker. 

Anyway, on with my review of Macaron Murder! Harper Lin is a new author to me and I really enjoyed reading Macaron Murder. Macaron Murder may have been a short, sweet read, but the author didn't skimp on the plot details, the storyline or character development. Quite a few red herrings were given in Macaron Murder, which kept me guessing until the end as to whodunnit! I look forward to reading the other books in 'A Patisserie Mystery' cozy series.

The following is a plot summary of Macaron Murder by Harper Lin from Amazon's website:
French native Clémence Damour returns to Paris after traveling around the world for two years. She’s dog-sitting for her parents in the posh 16th arrondissement and overseeing the family patisserie, a famous franchise known for their delectable gourmet pastries and sweets in Paris and around the world.

To get off on the right foot with la gardienne, the caretaker of the apartment building, Clémence gives her a box of their luxury macarons. The next morning however, the half-eaten box of macarons is found near la gardienne's dead body. An incompetent inspector accuses Clémence of being the killer, which prompts her to clear her name and solve the case herself.

Join Clémence and her friends as they solve murder cases, bake macarons and other treats, and fall in love in The City of Lights.

If you like Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen mysteries or Leighann Dobb's Lexy Baker series, you'll also enjoy The Patisserie Mysteries.

Macaron Murder is the first book (25,000-word novella) in this new culinary mystery series set in France, featuring delicious recipes of French pastries and desserts.
I'm giving Macaron Murder a rating of 7 stars out of 10 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment