Monday, June 30, 2014

Half Yearly Reading & Blogging Update!!

Wow, 2014 is officially half way over with now! This year is flying by so fast. I'm having a delightful year in terms of blogging and reading. 

I've read a total of 55 books so far this year. It looks like I'm on schedule to read more than 100 books this year, which is something I rarely do. I'm usually content if I read 52 books in a single year. I'm still listening to audiobooks like crazy, although this month I've been reading more eBooks on my Kindle than listening to audiobooks.


My reading stats for 2014 are as follows: I've read 24 books and listened to 31 audiobooks! I've still managed to listen to more books than read books this year, which is a first for me. Listening to 30 audiobooks this year is definitely the most audiobooks I've listened to in any given year.


My favorite books I've read this year so far have been the following ones:


1. Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert
2. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
3. Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee

4. The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6. Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz
7. Swan Song by Lee Hanson
8. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
9. Shoots to Kill by Kate Collins
10. The Love Thief by Daisy Jerico
11. Macaron Murder by Harper Lin 
12. The Soloist by Steve Lopez

How is your year in reading going? Have you met or exceeded your reading goals? Share some of the books you've enjoyed reading this year with me in the comments section below!


As far as blogging goes, I've made 221 posts to my book blog this year. It's difficult to have a favorite post or a set of favorite posts. Here are a few of the topics I've blogged about to give a sort of highlight the various things I've blogged about:

Dr. Gay Hendricks & Tinker Lindsay Book Signing & Discussion
Ways to Fit a Home Library Into a Small Space
Hercule Poirot's Real-Life Model May Have Been Discovered!
Quirky Conundrums Book Lovers Understand
17 Bookstores That Will Change Your Life!!
Best of 2013 Audiobook Blog Hop


I'm looking forward what the next six months brings in terms of both reading and blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment