Sunday, August 11, 2013

Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lovers by Rozsa Gaston

eBook Edition
I recently finished reading Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lovers by Rozsa Gaston.

'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lovers' is a contemporary romance novel that combines the sport of running and with the romance genre.

The following is a synopsis of 'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lovers' from the author, Rozsa Gaston's website:
Farrah Foley runs the way she runs her love life—too cautiously. She slows down when it’s time to fly. Getting dumped with no explanation by the love of her life, she’s determined never to find herself in that position again.

When Jude Farnesworth comes along, Farrah is intrigued but fears she can’t compete with the kind of high society women he’s surrounded by from his town of Greenwich, Connecticut. Raised in Queens, she lives in the Bronx, where she runs with the Van Cortlandt Track Club. Down-to-earth yet vulnerable, she has no idea that Jude is attracted to the qualities in her she’s trying hardest to hide

.Growing up on the fringes of affluence, Jude wants to write about straddling two groups, belonging to neither. But first he needs to finish ghostwriting TV financial expert Dan Perlstein’s latest book How to Marry Money. When Jude meets Farrah, for the first time he can see himself as an insider, the only other member of Farrah’s club. But when Farrah discovers what Jude is writing about, she leaves him behind in the dust. Will Jude be able to catch her at the finish line?
I'm not a huge romance genre fan, but sometimes I do read romance novels while on travel or the beach, etc. I thought 'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lovers' by Rozsa Gaston sounded decent at the time, so decided to read it. 

I was pretty disappointed overall with  'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lover'. Farrah Foley, one of the leading characters, is annoying/frustrating!! I totally understand that Farrah Foley has been burned by her previous fiance and is gun shy about starting a new relationship. I also totally understand why she isn't a fan of those who have a lot of money, BUT what I didn't understand is why Farrah Foley acts so immature is parts of the novel. Nor did I understand why she'd even remotely consider reconnecting with her ex-fiance --- the very man who burned her in the past!?!?

I initially gave up on reading 'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lover' about halfway into it because I couldn't get past Farrah Foley's frustrating behavior. I only decided to continue reading 'Running from Love: A Story for Runners and Lover' while on travel recently and felt this novel wasn't really worth reading once I'd finished it. The ending was predictable, no surprise! I personally wouldn't recommend running to purchase this novel.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment