Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Cat Who Sang to the Birds by Lilian Jackson Braun

Paperback Edition
I've never read a novel by Lilian Jackson Braun until now, even though I've seen her novels displayed on shelves at bookstores over the years. 

Lilian Jackson Braun is the author of the "The Cat Who..." mystery series featuring former newspaper reporter, James Qwilleran, and his two Siamese cats Koko & Yum-Yum.

I read The Cat Who Sang For The Birds, which was given to me by another Bookcrosser I know during my recent visit to the San Diego area. I found this particular mystery novel to be lighthearted fun and a good read while I was on vacation. I didn't figure out whodunnit until near the end of the novel, which is a good thing. 

Even though I enjoyed reading 'The Cat Who Sang For the Birds', I am not sure I'll be rushing out to purchaser or read another novel written by Lilian Jackson Braun.... The characters seemed kind of dated/stuffy for the times... Otherwise this mystery novel was a good read!

Until my next post, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. They're ALL dated. Imagine my surprise when reading the first book to find out the "new noise" the main character was hearing wasn't computer related, it was an electric pencil sharpener!

    ReplyDelete