Thursday, July 26, 2012

Declutter Your Reading List!

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed these days with the amount of books (and ebooks) in my to be read pile... Or audiobooks to be listened to on my iPod. The amount of books waiting to be read by moi is looking more and more like Mount Everest with each passing month. I easily have a decades worth of reading material at hand.

It's not like I don't read. I simply tend to accumulate books faster than I can read through them. As much as I want to read through every single book I have in my Mount Everest pile of books, I think I have to simply scale down my collection as books are cropping up everywhere in my home. 

Don't get me wrong, I love books. Some women have an obsession with shoes, handbags, clothing, jewelry and so on... Me, I'm into books and the more the merrier. In my opinion, paradise is some sort of book heaven. 

So, what's the problem with my collection of books, if I love them so much? Well, for starters some of the books I've been given as gifts and I don't want to read some of these books. Or they are ones I've purchased for myself and I'm now no longer interested in reading them any longer due to changing tastes and interests.

Coincidentally, I've come across an online article titled Declutter the Reading List on the Small Notebook website. After reading Declutter the Reading List, I was determined to go through my own book collection and set aside books I no longer want to read. Most of these books have been registered on Bookcrossing, so I plan on releasing these books in the wild or at Official Bookcrossing Zones, etc.

Do you feel overwhelmed by your reading list? Then learn how declutter your reading list by clicking on the link above.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that link... I've added it to my blog roll on 'My Book-Crazy Life' blog as an added attraction for my readers; as well as myself. Should be a good read for everyone.

    I go through my Reading List Pile all the time; and I do have a trilogy of books that I have there I've yet to get my nose into - 2 of which aren't mine - but I do want to read them as they are simply written. The problem with me is time... there is so much to read and I never find the time to read what I want to.

    It's never the material I'm not interested in, I'm always interested in what I've chosen...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the link regarding "Declutter Your Reading List" and have shared it on your blog!

      Delete