Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy World Book Night to All!!

I had a fabulous time being a volunteer book giver for the first annual 2012 World Book Night here in the USA!! I finished distributing all twenty copies of Maya Angelou's autobiography I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by 4:30pm this afternoon. I gave away about two-thirds of the books in downtown Carpinteria and the remaining amount of books to people in my neighborhood and a couple copies of I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings went to family members I want to encourage to read.

I am so looking forward to signing up next year to be a 2013 World Night Book volunteer book giver!! I love sharing the joy of reading with others.  Becoming lost in a book is a wonderful thing!

If you signed up to be a 2012 World Book Night volunteer book giver, please share your experience with us here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment