Thursday, May 16, 2019

Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col



I was able to download Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col to my Kindle for FREE from Audible. Listening time for Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col is 4 hours. Below is my honest, unbiased review of Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col.

Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow is an 8 episode mystery/thriller podcast. After listening to the first 2 episodes of Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col, I was loving this podcast and ready to give it a five star rating based on what I'd heard thus far. Episodes 3 through 7 were less than stellar and I was left thinking I'd be giving Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow a three star rating... But episode 8 left me put off by Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow.

So what happened??? Well, as I've already written, I felt like Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col started off really well. What ruined it for me? The sound quality for one. There were so many times in which I found it difficult to hear what was being said in this podcast as things were really muffled and difficult to hear in parts. Also, I felt like some of the plot details in episodes 3 through 7 felt contrived in an unbelievable/unrealistic way that soured the storyline for me. Additionally, episode 8 had an unbelievable ending that just ruined Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow for me altogether.

The following is a plot summary for Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col from Audible:
University student Anna Winslow has gone missing. The circumstances of her disappearance are far from ordinary, a fact that only fellow student Melissa Lopez appears to appreciate. Motivated by an unexplained and disturbing voicemail message from Anna on the night of her disappearance, Melissa's curiosity quickly turns into a deeper investigation, an obsession even, which she chronicles as a regular podcast - the very recordings that you are about to listen to. She quickly discovers that Anna was a loner with hearing difficulties and had disappeared for a week earlier in the year, only to return with perfect hearing, but with increasingly unstable behavior.
I am giving Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow by Anthony Del Col a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars:

Until my next post, happy reading!!

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you were interested. It sounds like a compelling story. Too bad it did not please you. You gave good reasons for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I wish it had been a better read.

      Delete
  2. I am only into episode 2 and am captivated but...I already am fed up with the bad sound regarding the recorded phone conversations..where many clues lie!Unfortunately I am OFTEN disappointed and will stop as soon as I lose interest.Thanks for the heads up.I will continue and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete