Wednesday, January 11, 2017

THE BOOK COURTSHIP TAG

-THE QUESTIONS-

Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover?


Phase 1 Choice
I purchased Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer by Katie Alender. I thought it had a wonderful book cover and I ended up enjoying the book as well.

Phase 2 - First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary?



Phase 2 Choice
The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey had a book blurb that made me want to read this book asap! The book blurb I read says the following: 

"Melanie is a very special girl. Dr Caldwell calls her 'our little genius.'

Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh."


Now if that doesn't make you wonder what the heck is going on in this novel, then I don't know what will.

Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing?


I'm choosing a classic novel for this one. I love East of Eden by John Steinbeck!! I read this novel in 2008 and I need to reread it at some point in the near future. The prose Steinbeck uses is simple, yet powerful and very captivating. I found it very difficult to put this novel down.

Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pick up the rest of the series?



Phase 4 Choice
Grave Mercy by Robin Lafevers is the first novel in the young adult 'His Fair Assassin' trilogy. I'd read this novel for a book club a few years ago and at the time wasn't much of a young adult book fan. Thank goodness this book sounded like a good read and it definitely was a hit for me as I read the rest of the series.

Phase 5 - Late Night Phone Calls: A book that kept you up all night?


I have to pick one book, just one book??? There are a lot of books that kept me up late reading!! Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden is a book I found difficult to put down.

Phase 6 - Always on my mind: A book you could not stop thinking about?


The Art of Racing In the Rain by Garth Stein is a very memorable novel for me! I loved reading this book. It was excellent and even made me cry in parts.
Phase 6 Choice

Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book which you love the way it feels?


Um, I don't have a specific book in mind for this question, but I pretty much like the feel of real books in my hands. There is something special about the feel of real books in my hand and being able to turn physical pages.

Phase 8 - Meeting the parents: A book which you would recommend to your family and friends?

Phase 8 Choice

There are so many awesome books to recommend to family and friends.... But I loved reading Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's a magical read and a good general book to share with others.

Phase 9 - Thinking about the future: A book or series you know you will reread many times in the future? 

Phase 9 Choice

Oh boy, tough choice!! I have so many books that I would like to reread many times in the future.... Perhaps The Power of the Habit by Charles Duhigg for nonfiction or East of Eden by John Steinbeck for fiction.

Phase 10 - Share the love: Who do you tag? 


Anyone who is reading this post is welcome to take part in The Book Courtship Tag, so consider yourself tagged!! If you do decide to do this book tag, please leave me a comment below and a link to your Book Courtship Tag post.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment