Day 2 Read-A-Thon Challenge 2017 in a Picture
Share your goals/plans/etc. for 2017 with your fellow #boutofbooks-ers. These could be book goals, life goals, or goals for ANYTHING you're looking to tackle in 2017. Take a picture of the books you plan on reading this year! Share a vision board of what you're trying to accomplish! Use the hashtags #BoB2017Goals and #boutofbooks and let us cheer you on!
Book Related Goals for 2017:
I still haven't quite finished deciding all of my book related goals for 2017! However, I have formulated a few of my goals already as follows:
* I'd like to read 100 books during 2017.
* I also plan to attend the Bay Area Book Festival once again this year in June. I've attended this awesome book festival in Berkeley, California the past two years and have enjoyed it immensely! It's a great place to hear authors give talks and sign books.
* Pair down how many books I purchase or receive for free from NetGalley, Amazon, & Goodreads and focus on reducing my massive 'to be read' pile.
* Keep making quality posts to my book blog on a regular basis.
* Participate in read-a-thons and other book memes that catch my interest throughout the year.
Personal Goals for 2017:
* Improve sleep quality is my number one goal to help improve my overall quality of life. I've been dealing with insomnia for more years than I care to recall. Insomnia/lack of good quality sleep has been a huge disruption in my personal life and things need to change for the better asap. So, during 2017 I am making my number one personal goal to improve my sleep.
* Continue eating healthy, whole foods to nourish my body and maintain my current weight. I lost 40 pounds and have kept the weight off for almost 3.5 years now. I feel so much healthier now that I've lost weight and stopped eating crappy foods.
* Start walking again on a regular basis for exercise.... Versus sporadically walking whenever the urge to do so strikes my fancy. My excuse for not walking regularly is that I am too tired to walk due to lack of sleep or it's too hot/too cold/rainy outside to go for a walk... Or any other excuse I can come up with not to walk.
* Continue to improve my knitting skills!! Knitting is my other favorite hobby besides reading books. I would like to finally finish making my first cardigan sweater that I began last year and had to hope to complete by the end of 2016. Plus, try knitting other cool looking patterns as well.
I'm skipping on adding a photograph of all the books I plan to read this year. I only have four books planned to read during this week for the read-a-thon and to also finish reading six additional books I began reading last year or the year before. Otherwise, the remaining ninety books I plan to read during 2017 will be chosen at random from my 'to be read' pile.