Thursday, September 6, 2012

What kind of Book Reader Are You?

Here's a diagnostic guide to determine just what kind of reader you are.... That's if haven't already defined the type of reader you are or you're simply curious enough to discover other possibilities!!

While reading Google News earlier today, I came across an interesting article posted on The Atlantic Wire website by Jen Doll titled What Kind of Book Reader Are You? A Diagnostics Guide.

I found this article interesting to read as I didn't realize there are so many labels to define the kind of book reader one is. 

I'd say that I primarily fall into the Delayed Onset Reader #1 category as I am a book buying addict and books fill up my bookshelves faster than I can read them. So, yes, it may take days, weeks, months or even years to getting around to reading a particular book because I'm busy reading other books that I've added to my library.

So, after reading the What kind of Book Reader Are You? A Diagnostic Guide article, tell us what kind of reader you are!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh jeez.... I read the article and found The Bookophile described me to a T! And wouldn't you know it? I do run my fingers along the spines of books in bookstores (and get strange looks when I do it... it's a lovely feeling; what can I say?). And I do the same thing when I'm at home to my own books. :D

    Yes, I know, I'm strange in that way, but I do love to read my books as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, about the strange looks you get while running your hand along the spines of books at the bookstore! I too like how books feel when you touch them.

      Delete
  2. Can I be two? I see myself in Chronological Reader (but sometimes I do read more than one at a time, esp. if I can't find the one I started. But ususally it's just one at a time.)

    I am also Sleepy Bedtime Reader! I can't tell you how many times my husband has gently removed a book from my face, put a marker in where the book was open, and turned off the light without awakening me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick as many categories as you need!! I had a very difficult time choosing which category I fell into because I could see some attributes is a few categories that fit my circumstances!!

      P.S. My mom is a Sleepy Bedtime Reader too!!

      Delete
    2. Actually, when I was younger, I used to be the Sleepy Bedtime Reader because it was the only time of the day I wasn't outside running around skateboarding, bike-riding or playing rough with my older brother... so, by the time my folks came to check on me, they'd pull the book from my sleeping fingers and take my glasses off my nose (as they'd slip down to the tip - stop laughing! :P ) and turn off my reading light.

      And of course, I'd wake up a little mumbling, "..oh, but I was reading that!" and they'd reply, "Yes, yes, through your eyelids."

      Delete
    3. Lol, regarding your parents comment about reading through your eyelids!

      Delete